Bees & Blooms
Take an immersive adventure inside the secret world of the industrious honey bee. Explore an off-grid homestead while seeing the world from a bee’s perspective.
Slow down, stop and explore at an off grid homestead with beekeeper Elis. Deepen your connection with plants, pollinators and your food, and make a balm to take home! The Bees and Blooms Adventure is for private groups only and kid-friendly! Running up to 2.5 hours, Sunday to Tuesdays, with a 9:30 or 1:30 start, it features a snack of locally made bread and cheese, garden iced mint tea, and of course a honey tasting!
Guests can add on a field picnic with Ontario cured meat, and County bread, cheese, vegetables and preserves and iced black tea! Dietary diversity respected. County beer, cider and sparkling wine available on special request.
May - September
Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday
9:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. start
What you’ll get
- Learn how bees communicate and thrive in their colonies
- The relationship between pollinators and plants
- Taste a variety of honey collected through the season from different hives
- Spend time in The People’s Garden, planting, sampling or harvesting
- Make your own balm to take home