Spring Gardening: Master Class with Carson Arthur
Gardening guru Carson Arthur designs and grows your vegetable garden with you!
At the end of these five classes, attendees will leave with a complete vegetable garden design by Carson Arthur, the plants that were grown in the greenhouse for this design and an understanding of how to grow food for your family.
- Small size class includes 1:1 design time with Carson
- Each class is split into 2 parts:
- First half of the class covers the theory of growing, including topics like fertilizer, companion planting, insect and weed management
- Second part of the class will be in the greenhouse actually starting the plants for your garden. These plants will live in the garden and be cared for by the CGM staff until time to plant
This course includes:
- All access to all other spring classes at no additional cost (except March Break classes)
- All seeds, soil and containers for plants as part of the early start program
Classes start at 7 p.m. and run 2 hours.
- Thursday, Feb. 27 – Garden design 101 with onion/leek planting
- Thursday, March 19 – Companion planting with pepper planting
- Thursday, April 9 – Fertilizers and soil amendments with tomato planting
- Thursday, April 30 – Insect and weed management with brassica planting
- Thursday, May 14 – Planting and transplanting with cucurbit planting
Sign up in the store or by calling (613) 243-2492.