Put on your rubber boots and come to The County!
Eagerly awaited, each spring brings blooming lilac hedges as tall as houses, rare migratory birds stopping for a rest, the return of asparagus, wild leeks and spinach to local restaurant menus and our sweetest treat, maple syrup. Lake Ontario is still chilly but it’s worth it to bundle up for beach days, hit the trails for trillium-filled forest hikes, get dancing at music festivals, do some art studio hopping, and explore popular spots without the crowds of summer.
Check below for a list of Spring County events. (Check in with the event producers in 2021 as many have been cancelled, postponed or moved online.)
- March Break Activities (March)
- Maple in The County (March)
- PEC Waterfall Tours (Easter Weekend)
- County Wellness Week (April)
- Spring Countylicious (April)
- The Spring Birding Festival (April)
- The County Reads Authors Festival (April)
- County POP Music Festival (April)
- Rotary Lilac Ride (May)
- Kiwanis Walleye World Fishing Tournament (May)
- Terroir (May)
- Fibre Fest (May)