Experience the bounty of The County during harvest season!
True to our agricultural roots as the former Garden County of Canada – when we were canning one third of the country’s tomatoes and pumpkins (#nobigdeal) – fall is when warm days and cool nights prompt harvesting from fields and vineyards. There’s still plenty of sunshine to enjoy at the beach when escaping the city and the summer crowds. Check out the tractor pull at the local fair, hit the Farmers’ Markets for seasonal eats or perhaps get your hands dirty helping out at a winery picking party. Bring your bike or rent one here to explore the natural beauty of the island on two wheels.
Fall events in The County include…
- PEC Studio Tour (September)
- TASTE Community Grown (September)
- Prince Edward County Chamber Music Festival (September)
- Sandbanks Music Festival (September)
- Comedy Country Series (September/October)
- Prince Edward County Pumpkin Fest (October)
- Fall Bird Migration and Saw-Whet Owl Banding (October)
- Hallowe’en Events (October)
- The Maker’s Hand (November)
- Fall Countylicious (November)
- Santa Claus Parades & Festivals of Lights (November/December)