COVID-19 ESSENTIAL INFO
Special note: Following COVID-19 lockdowns, The County has become an even more popular destination for outdoor fun, but it’s taking a toll on our beaches and wild spaces. Please respect the flora and fauna by adhering to all rules posted at the beaches, parks and conservation areas, by taking your garbage away with you, using public washroom facilities, and avoiding crowded locations.
- Face coverings are required in all indoor locations that are open to the public. For information about face covering requirements visit Hastings Prince Edward Public Health.
- Physical distancing is in effect – All visitors are advised to practice physical distancing whether indoors or outdoors on patios, beaches, parks, sidewalks etc.
- Avoid crowded areas
- Maintain a distance of 2 meters/6 feet from those around you
- Hastings Prince Edward Public Health is asking visitors to the region to visit their Digital Guestbook to assist with contact tracing.
- The Province has ordered restaurants, bars and tour boat operators to take names/contact info of all clients. Please cooperate with businesses as they fulfill this public health directive.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer at every opportunity.
- Make a plan and call ahead. This is not the time to visit The County on a whim. Capacity at restaurants, wineries, events and shops is greatly reduced. Accommodations are booking up quickly.
- Wherever possible, make a reservation. Call ahead for takeout or curbside pickup. Check directly with businesses about their hours, services and protocols. Check here for ideas of things you can book in advance. Consider bringing essentials from home to avoid waiting in line to buy last minute marshmallows!
- Visit beaches in the morning, evening or on weekdays. Beaches and outdoor spaces are especially busy and thousands of unprepared visitors are turned away every day. Do not head to the beach without checking these channels in advance:
- Know where the public washrooms are. The County has prepared a map of public washrooms that are open and cleaned regularly.
- This summer has been particularly busy in The County and we have noticed bad behaviour in outdoor spaces. Please respect the natural spaces by:
- Taking your garbage with you if there are no garbage bins nearby.
- Avoiding crowded areas. Take a load off of mother nature.
- Respect closures and capacity limits, they are there to keep everyone safe and to protect fragile natural areas.
- Use public washrooms, not the side of the road, the beach, the park, someone’s front lawn…
- Be patient and flexible. We’re all adjusting to a new reality and hiccups, lineups, mix-ups are bound to happen. Be patient and be kind. Everyone is doing their best.
- Consider visiting in the Fall or Winter. The cooler months are gorgeous in The County. The roads are lined with technicolour trees. Ice forms on the lake. The community starts to gather for homegrown traditions (physically-distanced of course!) The wineries, breweries, cideries and distilleries remain open year-round. Art abounds. Let us welcome you with proper County hospitality when we have a bit more time and space.