Ameliasburgh Heritage Village
Ameliasburgh Heritage Village has grown from one building, in 1968, to a full pioneer village. The main structure was built in 1868 as a Wesleyan Methodist Church. It became a United Church in 1925 and served the community until 1967. Over the years, several additional buildings have been added to the site including a log cabin, display barns, an operational blacksmith shop, a sap shanty, dairy and bee-keeping buildings, and a large stone building housing the Goldie Corliss 18 foot flywheel.
In 2021 the de Vries Natural Heritage Collection opened to the public. The de Vries collection is a collection of nearly 500 specimens of taxidermy, ranging from waterfowl to song birds to mammals, large and small, and fish. It has been deemed one of the finest private collections of taxidermy in the province.
Adults $5.00 incl. HST
Seniors and Students $4.00 incl. HST
Children (5-12) $3.00 incl. HST
Family* $14.00 incl. HST
* Up to two parents and their children (children under the age of 18)
Grounds are also available for rental.